- Custom or self-publishing is beginning to take its place in the new publishing paradigm as a functional way of getting one's book to the marketplace.
- Some authors who may have the luxury of choosing whether to self-publish or use the services of a royalty publisher, choose the custom or self-publishing route because they have more control over the book.
- These are generally people with established ministries or businesses where they have a guaranteed channel for distribution or reaching their market.
- Once in print, the message and the marketing (both the responsibility of the author) will determine how far reaching the impact on the world will be.
- While we can put your book on Amazon.com and get you into digital, online catalogues, you are the best salesman your book will ever have!
I highly recommend Diane Roblin-Lee of byDesign Media. She's done 3 of my devotionals plus my latest children's activity book.
I've found her extremely professional, easy to work with, affordable and she does everything right from the raw manuscript to the hard copy book and international distribution, including design and editing.
She made my self-publishing experience so good, I'd never consider a traditional house!
I plan to work with Diane again on my next children's book. You can check out her website at bydesignmedia.ca
If you have any questions about my experience I'm available to chat.
You Can Fulfil Your Dream of Being an Author!
Let Us Help You Release Your Inner Book
While traditional book publishers rarely look at an unsolicited manuscript by an unknown author, many of these works are worthy of publication. Things in the world of publishing are changing.
Book Publishing Services
- Cover design
- Print management
- Photo manipulation
- Bar code assignments
- Layout and interior design
- Manuscript consultation
- Print-on-demand Publishing
- ISBN assignment & CIP info
- Inclusion in the National Library
If you would like to publish your own book, byDesign Media is a one-stop shop!
- Call for a no-obligation consultation regarding how to submit your story or manuscript.
- We will take it through all the steps of publishing; including editing, layout and design, and deliver the files to the printer.
- The pre-press costs of preparing your manuscript (before it goes to the printer)
are determined according to the extent of editing needed, the complexity of design required and the number of photos you wish to include.
- If you are looking for 700 copies or more, we'll probably use a traditional offset printer. However, if you want only one or two copies - or perhaps a few hundred, we'll use a digital print-on-demand printer to keep your costs way down.
- You'll receive your books within about a month after you have given us the final print approval.
Certainty – A Place to Stand
by Dr. Grant Richison
The latest book custom-published through byDesign Media with Castle Quay Books