Predator-Proof Your Family Series - #8 - Smart Justice
by Diane Roblin-Lee, Foreword by Dr. Melodie Bissell
Community and Church response to convicted child molesters who have served their time – Includes the model for a re-integration process which has been used with success in nurturing healing and hope but minimizing opportunity to re-offend. Diane Roblin-Lee also examines the concept of Restorative Justice ( see http://www.bydesignmedia.ca/child-sexual-abuse).
- The high cost of recidivism
- Preventing recidivism (repeat offending)
- When first line prevention hasn’t worked
- Can treatment guarantee change?
- An integrated perspective - incarcerative punishment,
psychiatric treatment and restorative justice
- Why do we need more than prison and treatment?
- What is “restorative justice?”
- And then there’s the family of the child molester...
- Recycling humanity
- Supporting or shunning?
- Plan to Protect™
- The iHeart?
- Natural inclinations or wisdom?
- Jail-house religion—or restorative faith?
- The responsibility of the church
- The XXX church
- The Bursey model for re-integration into a church
- A Pastor’s Perspective
- The “Offender’s Covenant”
Buy this book in Soft cover below or in e-book on the Kindle through Amazon by clicking here: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003ZYEVY4?*Version*=1&*entries*=0